Feed, pet and swim with the stingrays and nurse sharks!
Two Activites in One
Feed and pet the rays and/or snorkel with the rays, sharks and fish
Fewer guests per guide so you get more personal attention
Safe for Families
All our rays’ barbs are clipped for your safety
“Since sting rays are my favorite animals, I wanted to check out this excursion on my cruise to Cozumel. The experience was great! We first were able to feed the stingrays and learn about them. We all had our pictures taken while petting, holding and even kissing the rays! The pictures came out great! After the feeding and pictures, we went out into deeper waters to snorkel. It was really fun-the rays are such peaceful and beautiful animals. I really enjoyed and highly recommend this to all visitors to Cozumel. Now my husband pretends that he is “Pepe” the stingray swimming around. LOL!”Natalie K.
What Makes Our Tour Excellent
- We offer two activities with the rays.
- Reef habitats in the scuba area.
- Meet the nurse sharks.
- Private Beach Club.
- Only 5 minutes from all cruise ship piers and Downtown.
- A brief presentation in a shaded auditorium on gear safety and how to feed & touch the rays will put you at ease around them.
- The tour is designed to offer the highest level of fun, convenience and safety; unforgettable experience with rays (whose barbs have been trimmed) and low guest per guide ratio.
- Rays are lovingly cared for in our one-acre protective enclosure – (we know they’re happy because they’re making babies).
- Ray Encounter is ½ hr in 1’ to 4’ deep area where you handle and feed lots of friendly rays. Our rays will kiss your palm as you feed them and let you touch their silky wings and hold them while having your picture taken.
- Snorkel in a 9 to 18 feet deep larger area for another ½ hr with these gracious animals and a rich variety of their colorful fish friends, while your guides continue feeding them and take more pictures. (You may use your own camera, too, in the Snorkeling portion of the tour, but for the safety of the animals, not during the encounter session.)
- After a total of 1 hr in the water with the rays, you may relax on the beach and use the facilities to shower and change clothes.
- Additional entertainment is provided by our resident critters; green iguanas pose for pix and hermit crabs will put on a race.
This Stingray/Shark Encounter and Snorkel excursion allows you to meet, interact with, feed and hold stingrays, which have been trained to meet and interact with humans. These stingrays have had their barb clipped. (It’s like a fingernail.)
Before entering the one-acre enclosure, you will be given a safety briefing and issued the appropriate gear. First, you will meet the rays in waist deep water for a 30-minute encounter where they will surround you and softly touch your legs, (much like a kitten) urging you to feed them. Allow the rays to eat out of your hand and pet their silky wings.
Then, move to the deeper part of the enclosure where in full snorkel gear, you will be able to swim and dive for 30 minutes with stingrays, baby rays (in season), a few Nurse Sharks and many colorful fish in an area 4 to 18 feet deep featuring a new coral reef installation: 10 Artificial Marine Habitats with more than 800 coral.
Following your encounter, enjoy the Beach Cub that includes Ray’s Sand Bar, (a snack bar), photo and souvenir shop, Macaws, Parrots, a Green Gecko and Iguanas posing for pictures, Hermit Crab races, a Massage Tent and a water trampoline.
This tour includes all snorkel gear, booties and facilities to shower at the beach club.
WHAT GOES ON HERE